Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Little Troubles

My last few weeks have been marked by an increase in fatigue. I’m not really sure why, but it has discouraged me somewhat. Spring has sprung in my corner of the world and yet my body feels like hibernating. Yesterday I was longing for a hammock or some sort of outdoor reclining chair in which I could nap and still somehow enjoy the glory of a spring afternoon. It saddened me to “waste” the afternoon sleeping in my bed, but fatigue held mastery over my body and I had to relent. My husband even offered a Sunday afternoon trip out to a beautiful spot by a lake in a nearby town, but my body wouldn’t have it.

“These little troubles (which are really so transitory) are winning for us a permanent, glorious, and solid reward out of all proportion to our pain. For we are looking all the time not at the visible things but at the invisible. The visible are transitory: it is the invisible things that are really permanent” (II Corinthians 4:17-18 JBP).

It’s not always wanting to enjoy a spring day that feels hampered by my fatigue; there are countless things I want to do or feel I need to do that often stare me in the face. Once again I’m reminded that these things are “little troubles”. Some days I’m thoroughly discouraged by this transitory fatigue, but even if it lasts a lifetime, it’s still transitory and today I get to choose to “not lose heart” (II Cor. 4:16). I possess the very Spirit of God as an invisible thing, “a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come” (II Cor. 5:5). I long for those days on days like today, when I’m absent from the body, but present with the Lord (II Cor. 5:7). How thankful I am that in the meantime God is inwardly renewing me day by day with the invisible things (II Cor. 4:16).

4 comments:

Julie R said...

I've been thinking of you and praying for you, Laura. Hope you feel more energetic soon.

Anonymous said...

Praying for you!!!!

Unknown said...

Wow! God spoke to me years ago the very same thing through 2 Cor 4:16-18. And now I read it in your blog!! How fun! Isn't it wonderful that just by feeling badly we are storing up treasures in heaven?! God is so extravagant!! I really do love your writing. It is well done and very encouraging.

Cyndi (again!)
God Nuggets Blog

Anonymous said...

Hi
cheap tamoxifen
There is evidence that patients whose tumors are estrogen receptor positive are more likely to benefit from Nolvadex therapy.
[url=http://www.alampal.com/]buy nolvadex[/url]
This drug is available in tablet form which is a nonsteroidal antiestrogen and is to be administered orally.
http://www.alampal.com/ - tamoxifen online
For the 20 mg tablets, it contains 30.