Monday, February 9, 2009

Hard Pause

When I started this BLOG I thought I was ready for the adventure. It was a goal to do something with writing. I’m learning that part of the adventure of goal making doesn’t just require making reachable goals, but leaving room for failure or hard pauses. The unexpected happens - More sickness; more setbacks; depression. I was tempted to delete my two entries or start a new BLOG because of the long absence, but I decided that it was important for me to openly admit to myself (and the world?) that I can keep trying on a thing even after a long and unintended sabbatical. I do not need to hide the fact that I “failed”.

I’ve never been good at failures. It’s a battle not to equate any kind of failure with viewing myself as a failure. It’s just how I grew up. But now this seems liberating to me…to allow myself a “failure”, accept the hard pause for what it was and not a reflection of me, and move on.

So, in all honesty, I don’t know where this thing will lead. I really don’t even know what specifically I’m writing about. All I know is that I’m jumping off the cliff of writing in obedience to my Lord that “this is the time” and I fully expect Him to not only catch me, but to help me soar. I welcome you on the journey with me to see where this adventure leads.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the blog world, friend :)

Cassie

SML said...

You are a very bright star in cyberspace! :) I'm in awe of God's working in and through you, and so glad to join you on the journey. Keep soaring, my dear!

Anonymous said...

Thank You for your honesty and openness. What an encouragement. AF

Anonymous said...

Yay Laura!!! Really glad you are doing this. Very excited to be on the journey with you.

Mark

Anonymous said...

hey, does anyone do well with failure? anybody? if you love to fail, raise your hand! :)
Love ya lots,

MacKim said...

hey Laura...good job...you are persevering!